Sunday, March 1, 2009

Our Own Kite Festival

Today we had big plans to make it to the Annual Zilker Kite Festival!
And... that didn't happen.
So... the next best thing was buying a kite with Elmo (of course) and going out and flying it.
As you can tell, it was getting late, but we were going to fly a kite today.
My parents had promised me.

Here, Daddy is showing me how it is done. There wasn't much wind at this point, so he had to run to make Elmo fly. Mommy really enjoyed seeing Daddy running, since he proudly tells Mommy (the avid runner), the only running he believes in is beer runs!
At least, he is exercising I remind Mommy!
Here, Daddy is prepping me on kite flying.

Papa Don ran with me while I held the kite.
This kite flying is a piece of cake!


Chasing Elmo was quite fun!




Time for a swing break with Gama!
Thanks Mommy and Daddy for keeping your promise!




1 comment:

Dana said...

Looks like you had a great "kite day"! I went down to the festival and it was crazy busy. The kites were amazing. I'll post pictures on my blog later.


Just Hanging Out! (The above wonderful pictures were taken by my dear friend and photographer, Dana Bone.)

Stealing a Kiss!

Having Fun with Mommy and Daddy

Enjoying the beautiful Austin days!