Thursday, March 19, 2009

I LOVE Doughnuts!

Today, Mommy and I decided to make doughnuts for breakfast. Since it is Spring Break, mommy thought I could enjoy an extra special treat! They are surprisely very easy to make, and best of all, there was plenty for ME to help with and taste! Yay!!!
Here are the simple steps for making your very own tasty doughnuts!


First, mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.



Okay, now is the perfect time to sneak in a little taste with your finger and play with the mixture like a big sand pit for a few minutes. Lots of fun is sure to have!




Next, punch out the middle of the squishy, oh so fun to touch biscuit dough with a bottle top.



Set all your doughnut holes aside for perfect bite-size pieces later.
Hmmm... What does that bottle top say??
So sad, that we don't have coke tops in our refrigerator... we only have beer tops!! =0
Okay, so the first few turned out alittle burnt! Warning, the grease gets very hot and cooks the doughnuts in seconds. So I recommend not cooking more than one at a time like recipes might suggest unless you are a pro, unlike my mommy.. obviously.


Once, you get the hang of the cooking part, it is time for the coating of the doughnuts in sugar ...
MY FAVORITE!
(We skipped the dunking in butter part... It made no difference in deliciousness... might I mention.
Mommy thought we could make these doughnuts alittle more healthy.. since we were already frying them in pure oil and coating them in pure sugar. Could life get any more delicious?
Be sure to sneak in a few more tastes. Yummy!



What????

I am so not even being discrete anymore... am I??



The final product! Not that many. I know.

Well, after burning a few, and eating a few in the process... Who's counting anyways?
Making doughnuts is all about having fun... Right?

Eat what's leftover, and enjoy!
I LOVE Doughnuts!









7 comments:

Kelly said...

YUMMY! those look wonderful!!!!

Sisters Lose 100 said...

I made doughnuts like this when I was 12 and my parents still had the black smoke from the experience stained on their ceiling a couple of years ago! Yay Hannah, I am so glad you were supervised:)!!

Dana said...

That looks like fun and yummy! We have all burned a few doughnuts here and there :o)

Keri said...

yummmy!!!!! good work miss hannah... tell mommy she is an inspiration.

melissa said...

This looks like so much fun...My Papa Terry made doughnuts like this for my mommy and Aunt Jen Jen when they were little girls! Mommy was having a huge craving this morning so daddy and I went and bought doughnuts for our family. Delish! Next time I am going to ask mommy and daddy to make them at home like YOU!
xoxo,
Pais

Joy said...

those look so good! i've never had a doughnut before! i'm always ready for something new.

-- mack

betsy green said...

Hannah, I have been meaning to add your blog to our "must read" list and stop checking it through Paisley's blog and today I finally did! Your donuts look yummy and I know Vaughn will want to try and make some too! Tell your mommy we have the same dilema with bottle tops at our house that you do!


Just Hanging Out! (The above wonderful pictures were taken by my dear friend and photographer, Dana Bone.)

Stealing a Kiss!

Having Fun with Mommy and Daddy

Enjoying the beautiful Austin days!