Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spring has Sprung

Our backyard is so fun right now. Spring has definitely sprung!
Mommy and I planted several veggies, and...










They are starting to grow! Yay!
Above are yummy squash and carrots.









Look closely, and you can see the start of a snap pea!









Our green beans are almost ready to harvest! I can't wait!

I started this green bean plant at MOPs. I planted 1 small bean seed a month ago. When I got home, I filled the cup full of water since the bean needed watering. Mommy poured all the sitting water out and placed it outside to get some drying out time.
The next day, I preceded to fill the cup full of gravel during play. At that point, Mommy and I pretty much gave up on this plant. Yet, a week later, a green stem emerged from the 2 inch pile of gravel in the cup. Realizing this plant had a will to survive, we replanted it, and wow has it grown!!









I pointed out to Mommy a bird kept going into this bush on the stone wall. So we checked it out, and....









Babies!!










3 little baby birds waited for their Mommy to come back and feed them.










Happy Spring!!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


2 comments:

Dana said...

Awesome! I planted some onions, but they haven't done much. I think I have a black thumb.

3greenbeans said...

Amazing!! Natural learning at its' finest!

Oh, and Hannah, tell mommy now that Spring has Sprung to get a new background on your blog....snowflakes are for winter, silly mommy! ;)


Just Hanging Out! (The above wonderful pictures were taken by my dear friend and photographer, Dana Bone.)

Stealing a Kiss!

Having Fun with Mommy and Daddy

Enjoying the beautiful Austin days!