Saturday, October 4, 2008

Mommy Minute... To Leash or Not to Leash?

No this is not a little girl with a tail. This is not a man walking a dog.
This is my daughter on a leash!!!
I still don't like how it sounds or looks. But, occasionally for Hannah's safety we leash her up. At least that is what I have to constantly tell myself so I don't feel like a horrible parent. Derric and I quickly realized early on in Hannah's walking days we didn't have one of those "angelic" children that stay by their parent's side and can't bare to let us out of their sight. With Hannah, it is the absolute opposite. She is a bolter and dashes away as soon as we let go of those tiny hands... and she runs.... FAST! Misti, a mentor mom of mine, recommended a leash! She said they make them look really cute these days. I wouldn't hear of it! I am not going to put my daughter on a leash, I thought to myself!! She's fine. I will just hold her hand or put her in a stroller. But of course, my daughter rebells against those lovely safety measures. So... after dashing away one too many times...
Hannah wears a leash... occasionally.
And she loves it! She gets to be free like she so wants to be, but is safe by our side all at the same time. Oh... and she loves her cute, little giraffe friend hanging out on her back! =)

1 comment:

3greenbeans said...

Trust me, I know the feeling! I think it's a great idea!!! And so cute!


Just Hanging Out! (The above wonderful pictures were taken by my dear friend and photographer, Dana Bone.)

Stealing a Kiss!

Having Fun with Mommy and Daddy

Enjoying the beautiful Austin days!