Friday, September 26, 2008

Mommy Minute Thanks to all the Mommies

One of many things I have realized since my 16 month old job as a mother began is:
Mommies really take care of other mommies!!! They are always wanting to help out another mommy!!! They give great advice, and are simply the best. And through the months, I have learned so much. I wish I would have written it all down along the way. So, I think I will start a new on-going good advice section on this blog--so I don't forget it, and to share with others if I can. I thought I would share just a few pieces of advice of many that have helped me along the way:

  • Krista- Always have a glass of wine while dining with your kids at restaurants. It will take the edge off. These are always stressful times; Shop at Marshalls for toddler shoes- name brands for 1/3rd of the price; Use EASY routine with newborns.

  • Melissa and Meghan- Use muffin pans to serve meals to toddlers; Start Blogging to have a record for Hannah and to share with family and friends.

  • Meghan- Shop at Payless and Target too; Subscribe to Baby News Emails; Heartsong Music is the Best.

  • Polly-Always stock ground beef in your freezer for a quick dinner; Playdates are only a house away around my neighborhood; Cooking is possible; Switch Baby toys ever so often

  • Cristi- Turn your monitor off once in a while; stock up on little ketchup packets; Pass on all Hannah's clothes to another new mommy one day!

  • Michelle- Take turns getting to sleep in.

  • Nancy- Have a date night!

  • Ashley-Switch with your friends for free babysitting.

  • Misti- Where do I begin?- Hannah made it through her 1st year because of all your advice!

  • Hillary- Start Traditions with your children now -The pickle ornament and The Elf on a Shelf are 2 of my favorite.
  • My sister, Tootie- Burping advice to Pooping advice- Sisters are the best!

  • Carlene- Treasure each moment because they really do grow up fast; Put baby oil on newborn's head to prevent cradle cap.--Hannah's head was always beautiful!

  • My Mommy- Stay home with your children if you can. You will never regret spending this precious time with them! (And of course Mommies are always right!)


Thank you to all the mothers out there who have really made a difference in my life... Because of you when Hannah looks at me and smiles and thinks I am the best mommy ever, my heart can also melt. One day when she is a mother I will pass on my little secret to her too .

Mommy you're the best!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks you too for being such great friends to us as we journey through this mommy/toddler adventure.
xoxo,
melissa and paisley

Anonymous said...

I mean "two" not too! Ha, mommy brain!


Just Hanging Out! (The above wonderful pictures were taken by my dear friend and photographer, Dana Bone.)

Stealing a Kiss!

Having Fun with Mommy and Daddy

Enjoying the beautiful Austin days!