Saturday, February 7, 2009

LOVE is in the Air! Mommy Minute


Since Valentine's Day is coming up I can't help but think of love.
And my life is so FULL of Love!!
Thanks to my wonderful husband, friends, and family, I can say this so confidently!


However, since this blog is about Hannah, I thought I would list some reasons why I love her so much at 20 months!


1. I love when she says, "I love Mommy, I love Dada, I love GaGa, I love Papa, I love Elmo etc..." I don't know if she really knows what love means but it's definitely music to my ears.

2. She is just so smart!! Of course every mom is supposed to think this right?? And I am no exception! She is now talking using 2 and 3 word sentences, counts using 1 to 1 correspondence (as we eat our grapes etc), and points to most of her colors correctly when asked.

3. I love how she loves to feed our kitty, Zoey. She scoops out the food and carefully walks and pours the food in his bowl saying, "Kitty pood!" We are so proud that she is not spilling catfood all over the floor anymore and eating it as... frequently!! The only problem now is she is constantly trying to feed him. Zoey loves Hannah!

4. I like how she sees me doing things, and she wants to do it too. I put on a necklace. So she says, "Baby necklace?" Now, she loves wearing necklaces. =) I love how she calls herself, "Baby!"
5. I love how she loves to compare everybody doing different things. For example, she sees Daddy shaving. So I tell her Daddy shaves. She says, "Daddy shaves. Mommy shaves? GaGa shaves? Baby Shaves? Tito shaves?"

6. I love how she is starting to share things now when I ask her too (without getting upset!)

7. I love how she loves finding airplanes, stars and the moon in the sky. The little things that give her so much joy!

8. I love how she eats so independently and precisely now with silverware! She actually will not let me help her. That is sooo out of the question. I don't know what to do with all my freedom at the dinnertable!!

9. If she is upset, I can ask her, "Hannah, what is wrong?" and she will actually tell me. This is soooooooo nice!

10. I love how she has to talk about everything she is doing. For example, "Hannah open, close, " as she opens a drawer. "Baby's fork,...carrot,...meat" as she eats. "Hannah rock," as she rocks in a chair etc.

Where has my Baby gone?

I guess I have to say she is my baby growing up to be such a Big, Wonderful, Independent Girl!
I am so proud of you Hannah!
and of course,
I LOVE you!

Eating with all the big kids at the table...no Mommy needed!

Riding with Cousin "Tito" (Ronito)

I know we won't be doing this much longer. This was probably the last time..actually. It was alittle tight!

Sporting my sunglasses...because I am so grown up.

3 comments:

AmyK said...

Hannah is such a smart girl!! She is so sweet and cute too! :-)

Dana said...

Great post!! Hannah is getting so big.

melissa said...

Hannah~
we love you too! And you are brilliant! Mommy says she loves how you sit on her lap in music class. You are such a sweet girl!
xoxo,
Pais and her mommy


Just Hanging Out! (The above wonderful pictures were taken by my dear friend and photographer, Dana Bone.)

Stealing a Kiss!

Having Fun with Mommy and Daddy

Enjoying the beautiful Austin days!