Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday Hannah!

(Mommy Minute)

I can't believe my little girl just turned 5! Hannah is growing up too fast!



The morning of her birthday, Hannah woke up and very disappointedly expressed, Mommy, I don't look like I am 5 yet! I am not any taller, I am not getting to go to Kindergarten today, and the numbers haven't gone up on the bathroom scale either!" Such BIG expectations for my Little 5 year old!!

As big as she wants to be sometimes, Hannah still loves to snuggle and still says the cutest 5 year old things that remind me she is still little and my baby! Thank goodness!

We celebrated her special day by having a party on her actual birthday at the Play for All Abilities Park with some of her friends, Daddy, Ella, and me.   The day couldn't have turned out prettier.  But, we knew it was because when we were making the list of friends she wanted to invite to her party, she wanted to include God and Jesus!   That girl makes me so proud!!!  So, after 2 past birthdays of rain, we loved that God and Jesus brought the gift of sunshine!  The best gift of all!




Hannah requested I make pink cupcakes with pink sprinkles, but of course!



Hanging with Ella and a few of my friends at the park.
                              

When we got home, we told Hannah, she could pick anywhere she wanted to go for her birthday dinner that night. She excitedly said, "Mommy, I have the PERFECT place!....McDonalds!!!"
(One of those many times, I am reminded my big girl is still little!)

Trying to keep my composure, I replied, in the nicest way possible, "You don't have to come up with a place just yet. Think about it for a while."

She said, "Oh, I have a BETTER place!....Chucky Cheese!!!"

Okay, I know it is horrible, but I had to intervene! I replied, "Hannah, I don't think they have dessert at Chucky Cheese!"

She said, "No.  Then, we CAN'T go there! How about Cracker Barrel?"

Ding Ding Ding!! That's a winner!!






Enjoying her Cracker Barrel Birthday Dessert!!

                                    



Enjoying her birthday cake, Grandma decorated with a Pretty Princess that weekend!

           


Happy 5th Birth Day my sweet Hannah! What a special birthday for a special girl!
You will always be my Little Girl with a BIG Heart!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:


Just Hanging Out! (The above wonderful pictures were taken by my dear friend and photographer, Dana Bone.)

Stealing a Kiss!

Having Fun with Mommy and Daddy

Enjoying the beautiful Austin days!